[Ctleps-l] Giant Swallowtail in Mansfield

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 17:12:39 EDT 2013

At 445 this afternoon, Joy Mark found and I photographed a Giant Swallowtail on our buddleia in Mansfield. It was actively nectaring and beat a hasty retreat when it was confronted by a bee. This is a first for our yard.

Belatedly, on wednesday, we had two White M Hairstreaks and two Red-banded Hairstreaks in the butterfly garden at Hammonasset. We also had one Monarch.

Also, we had  a single Monarch in our Mansfield yard yesterday.

Mark