[Ctleps-l] Pipevine caterpillars

butterflypr at comcast.net butterflypr at comcast.net
Fri Jul 19 00:41:36 EDT 2013

I don't know where mine went!
Looked like a few might have dried up in the heat :-(
Still hoping some might reappear when things cool off a bit.
Seen in the yard today: Spicebush Swallowtail, Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, Silver Spotted Skipper, Great Spangled Fritillary, unidentified skippers(possibly Little Glassywing?) Several clearwing moths--4 reddish-brown, 1 bumble bee colored, 1 cabbagIe white, and 1 hairstreak--pretty sure it was grey, got a photo, but having camera/computer issues & haven't been able to load yet. Nectaring on mint, will post photo when I can load it!

Diane
in Chester

The 28 Pipevine caterpillars that I am raising are probably days away from
pupation. I am always amazed at how fast they grow.

I also have another female Pipevine Swallowtail that has been daily
depositing eggs on my pipevine plant. Thankfully, it is huge.

I've had a beautiful female Black Swallowtail who has taken a liking to my
Rue plants.

Had a gorgeous Eastern Tiger female nectaring voraciously on my newly
blooming Zinnias. She must use the tree in the back for ovipositing.

So..what am I missing? Just need a Giant to round out the ticket. Or a
Dark form Eastern tiger would be nice.

Oh, and I saw Pawpaw trees for sale at Green Survival Garden Center in
Waterford...should I shoot for a Zebra Swallowtail?

Maryann in Niantic

If you plant it....they will come</HTML>