[Ctleps-l] Derby Tawny Emperor+

Peter De Gennaro degennap at bc.edu
Sat Aug 9 23:02:02 EDT 2014

8/9 - Some good leps this morning at Osbornedale State Park in Derby
including TAWNY EMPEROR and Giant Swallowtail.

The Tawny Emperor was on a sunlit patch high up in a tree along the field
near the parking lot. This area of the park is close to the Housatonic
River. It's new species for Osbornedale. I managed some photos with my zoom
maxed out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/connecticutpete/14849293496/

The Giant was in the buddleia area near the Kellogg Center. Never stopped
flapping but it allowed close approach:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/connecticutpete/14685810308/in/photostream/

And at my house when I got back, I had a very late and worn BANDED
HAIRSTREAK.

Peter DeGennaro
Naugatuck