[Ctleps-l] Chester sightings

butterflypr at comcast.net butterflypr at comcast.net
Sun Aug 17 13:39:31 EDT 2014

Very busy in the buddleia...

On Tuesday 8/12, I released the one Monarch I raised this year from an egg found at Machimoodus. It was a female, and I tagged her. Thursday 8/14, I saw a Monarch patrolling--a male! Just now 8/17, I saw another Monarch--a female, no tag. At the same time, several Silver Spotted Skippers, two Eastern Tiger Swallowtails, a Great Spangled Fritillary, and several smaller skippers--definitely a Tawny-Edged and a Peck's. I've recently been seeing numerous Clearwing Moths, mostly in the bee balm--don't remember ever seeing this many. Also saw one Spicebush Swallowtail early instar caterpillar on the spicebush within the past week.

Diane