[Ctleps-l] Monarchs being listed as endangerd?

Lynn Jones lynnjones11 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:19:29 EDT 2014

Here is a link to the press release on the Xerces Society page.  I think
the hope is for a broader scale impact along the entire range.  This may
hekp clarify their goals and reasonings.

http://www.xerces.org/after-90-percent-decline-federal-protection-sought-for-monarch-butterfly-2/

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Donna <sunny19682 at comcast.net> wrote:

>  I just read on a Butterfly facebook group page that there is a push by
> the Xerces Society to have the Monarch listed as an endangered species and
> should this happen then anyone "interacting" with them will be made
> criminals.  Can someone enlighten us as to what is going on and how this is
> a good thing when people are trying to promote the planting of milkweed in
> their gardens to provide host plants for cats or the number of people
> trying to keep safe any cats they find so they grow up healthy?
>
> Donna Lorello
> Branford

Lynn A. Jones
Museum Assistant