[Ctleps-l] Giant Swallowtails

Lemmon lemmon at snet.net
Sun Aug 31 21:55:36 EDT 2014

Today, 8/31 we had 2 Giant Swallowtail butterflies in the yard, 1 male and 1 female.  Female oviposited at least 15 eggs on Wild Lime and Ruta graveolens in our garden.  The two butterflies fluttered about with the male close behind the female and hovering above her as she laid her eggs.  This went on for over a half an hour this afternoon.  We also had 1 Giant Swallowtail flying about the flowers yesterday afternoon.  No way to tell if it was one of the same we had today or if it was a male or female.

Carol and Gary