[Ctleps-l] recent sightings

butterflypr at comcast.net butterflypr at comcast.net
Fri Jul 25 13:01:21 EDT 2014

Tuesday, hiked at Bauer in Madison with a group of special needs students. Mostly in the woods--thought I caught a glimpse of a Spicebush Swallowtail. Took a quick walk around later--they've done some select mowing, leaving some areas to grow, other areas are very dense. Seem to have misplaced my notes--definitely remember seeing one American Lady, several Pearl Crescents, and some skippers which I did not identify.

Yesterday (Thursday), I visited Machimoodus--posted photos to CBA Facebook page. Did not see any Monarchs, but collected one egg which did hatch yesterday :-) Other sightings:
3 Viceroys
3 male Black Swallowtails
3 Common Ringlets
1 copper--left before I could ID
Several Duskywings--hoping someone will ID from FB photos
3 Wood Nymphs
1 brown--Eyed or Appalachian--again hoping for FB ID!
6+ Pearl Crescents
a couple of dark skippers, fairly sure one was Little Glassywing, other had no markings--both are on FB

Diane
on the road