[Ctleps-l] Pine Elfins

Hank Golet htg1523 at att.net
Sun May 11 19:52:19 EDT 2014

>From Hank Golet,
5/11, I was up in the Pachaug area today and stopped in at Robbins Cemetary in Voluntown where I can usually find a few Pine Elfins, mostly on Pussy Toes.  I was a little bummed out when I saw that the cemetary had just been mowed.  At the north end of the cemetary property area there is a good amount of Cypress Spurge with a stand of White Pine trees right behind it.
  A conservative number of PINE ELFINS I counted is 37, all on the Spurge.
  I have seen Pine Elfins on Spurge before but no where near this number.   The only other species of butterfly I can recall on this flower is Juniper HS around Eastern Red Cedars in Lyme at Pleasant Valley