[Ctleps-l] possible Monarch

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Mon May 12 21:18:03 EDT 2014

Took my 3 yr old great niece to Mc Cook's park today in Niantic. As we were
leaving on foot, I saw a Large Orange butterfly soaring in the manner of a
Monarch. Couldn't get close enough for a positive ID ( we must have looked
funny...chasing a butterfly with a stoller) but it was either a Monarch or a
Viceroy.

I would bank on it being a Monarch due to size, flight, and local but can't
give a positive ID.

So keep looking..let's hope for a better Monarch year than last.

Maryann in Niantic

and yes, Gabriella is a budding lepidopterist...she has been since last
year at the tender age of two..</HTML>