[Ctleps-l] Branford yard

Donna sunny19682 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 19 15:36:38 EDT 2016

While out checking the gardens about an hour ago, I happened upon this butterfly that I am unsure of the ID - I believe it is a Cassius Blue based on my two butterfly books which call it a stray into our area.  Please feel free to correct it.  Not sure of the plant it was taking nectar from (a "weed" I let grow) but stayed for about a half hour before I returned inside.

Also had 3 Spicebush Swallowtails, 1 Red Admiral, 1 Broad-winged Skipper, 1 Cabbage White, 1 Monarch and 1 tiger Swallowtail.

Donna Lorello
Branford