[Ctleps-l] Goldenrod and Variegated

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Sep 14 20:20:03 EDT 2016

A beautiful fresh Variegated Fritillary showed up in the goldenrod patch today at Stratford Point.   The patch of slender fragrant goldenrod (Euthamia caroliniana) is just north of the office building and is always a hub of pollinator activity when it is in bloom.  It is just about at the peak right now and should be going strong through the weekend.    Along with the frit there were many Common Buckeyes, lots of day-flying moths, lots of Orange and Clouded Sulphurs (including white morphs), Monarchs, Eastern Tailed-blues and Gray Hairstreaks in the patch today.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115

Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!
To learn more how planned giving can support Audubon Connecticut, and our Centers, please click here https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ct.audubon.org_planned-2Dgiving&d=CwIFAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=wPbNkt6T_H4X7m_PlvSFCGU2a9-csNvfRK2IVMi-mp0&m=_32eLlAw9e05OpDKAza4qCFE_tzVuHMHTBC_7RjkjOA&s=xgfGB1iOpRmaJXlD_0eFrZUGRZzjjLkc5XNByR9lXX4&e=