[Ctleps-l] L-t Skipper Naug S.F.

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 27 12:18:55 EDT 2017

About mid-morning I was surprised and delighted to briefly encounter a fresh, stunning Long-tailed Skipper in the West Block of Naugatuck State Forest. It was at the bottom of the High Rock Road where it meets the river and RR tracks. It was nectaring on Woodland Sunflower. Only saw it for a few seconds but had a full dorsal view. It was so fresh that the blue at the base of the "tails" was what caught my eye. I believe this spot is actually in Beacon Falls.
Greg HanisekWaterbury