[Ctleps-l] Branford yard

Lemmon lemmon at snet.net
Wed Jul 5 23:04:17 EDT 2017

We had a Red Admiral ovipositing on Stinging Nettles (which are abundant due to heavy June rain storms) and an American Lady ovipositing on two identical plants I purchased in two different nurseries.  One said it is a curry plant, the other said it was a licorice plant.
Two monarch larvae on milkweed, and a Black-swallowtail larvae on curly-leaf parsley.  Had a silver-spotted skipper flitting around today although we don't have their main larval host plant, Black Locust, we do have Tick-trefoil...I will check for eggs.

Carol Lemmon