[Ctleps-l] Stratford Point- 2 new photo species for the site

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 16:22:38 EDT 2017

Not terribly active today but the diversity was good. Among the usual
species, I photographed a Common wood-nymph and a Pipevine Swallowtail. I
believe the wood-nymph is only the second or third record and there have
only been a handful of Pipevine's. Both new photo species for Stratford
Point as far as I'm aware. The wood-nymph was moving through the grasses
near the bluff and occasionally resting on the Cherry saplings and the
Pipevine was nectoring on Buddleia. Good numbers of Monarchs in the past
few days as well.

Stefan Martin
--
Stefan Martin