[Ctleps-l] Berkshires and SW VT 6-11

Raymond Simpson raymond.simpson at yale.edu
Sat Jun 17 02:44:47 EDT 2017

Hey everyone,

Belated report from out of state but probably of interest to butterfliers.
I went to a few places, including SW VT, Savoy Mtn SF, and a field near
Adams.  Tried to find Early Hairstreak in the first two spots but no luck.
I had 3 in VT last year but the season has been cool and wierd so I'm here
later than their usual flight time of early June.

Canadian Tiger Swallowtail - VT, MA
White sp. - 2 in VT could not net to see if these were Cabbages or Mustards
Clouded Sulphur - 2 MA
Spring Azure - 2 VT, 1 MA (worn)
Silvery Blue - 20+ in field in MA (flying up to 7pm)
Harris's Checkerspot - 2 at Savoy
Pearl Crescent - VT, MA (collected some to check for Northern)
Silver-bordered Fritillary - 2 VT
Redspotted Purple - 1 MA
Common Ringlet - VT
Monarch - 1 MA
Wild Indigo Duskywing - 3 MA
Hobomok Skipper - VT, MA
Pepper & Salt Skipper - 2 VT

Also Hemaris gracilis in VT, Cicindela sexguttata and C. duodecimguttata.
Many small diurnal geos (Lomographa sp., Eufidonia sp,, and that Enarga
looper).

Ray Simpson