[Ctleps-l] 10/16/17- Stratford Point, Pearl Crescent

Rick rcech at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 17 20:50:11 EDT 2017

Ok, so here are some of the ‘usuals’  we had the same day (1 hour walk) at Long Beach, Stratford – although what passes for usual this year might be considered exceptional in many others.

10 Cabbage White

8 Orange Sulphur

1 Variegated Fritillary

5 Painted Lady

c. 35 Common Buckeye – mainly tending toward fall rosa form (reddish cast on ventral surface)

18 Monarch

At Osborne House Garden in Derby earlier (overcast just breaking), Sachem and Fiery Skipper (single males), plus a few more ‘usuals.’

Rick Cech / Emily Peyton / Peter Joost