[Ctleps-l] A Lep Today

Steve Walter swalter15 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 19 16:02:06 EST 2018

I went to Jamaica Bay (Queens, NY) birding today. This is where I've been
doing a long running moth survey, and I always look at the visitor center
wall when I pass it. Seemed like a silly thing to do in mid-February and the
temperature at 38. But lo and behold. There was a moth - a Morrsion's Sallow
(Eupsilia morrsioni). February had been the only month in which I hadn't
recorded a moth at JB. But now I have one. And if there was any doubt that
putting out bait somewhere in the next couple of nights would produce, this
should erase that.

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY