[Ctleps-l] Recent reports

Patrick Comins pcomins at ctaudubon.org
Sun Jul 1 11:36:57 EDT 2018

I had a Striped Hairstreak in my yard yesterday morning; a species I had driven all over the state for with no luck until last year.  Also Banded Hairstreaks yesterday and today and Summer Azure.

Yesterday at West Peak in Meriden the Edward's Hairstreaks and Hoary Edge continued, along with a Banded Hairstreak.

Today at the industrial park in Naugatuck with Bill Van Loan we had Acadian, Gray and Coral Hairstreaks, Southern Cloudywing, Great Spangled Fritillaries, Peck's Skipper, Eastern Tailed-Blue, Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, Cabbage White, Orange Sulphur, Dun Skipper, lots of Silver-Spotted Skippers and Little Glassywings, Common Wood-Nymphs and Little Wood Satyr and Bill had Delaware Skipper.

Friday I was at Durham Meadows and didn't have much of note.  I'm concerned that Reed Canary Grass is overtaking the fields.

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Sent from my iPhone