[Ctleps-l] Walden field trip.

RICHARD CHYINSKI rchyinski at comcast.net
Sat Jul 7 15:12:30 EDT 2018

A beautiful day greeted 14 butterfliers at Walden this morning. Though the overall number of butterflies seen were down from previous years the number of species seen was one of the best.

And we did see Sulphurs,  both Orange and Clouded.

Butterflies seen:

Little Wood

Monarch; butterflies, eggs, and all instars of caterpillars

Cabbage White

Common Wood Nymph

Great Spangled Fritillary

Mourning Cloak

Tiger Swallowtail

Silver Spotted Skipper

Little Glassywing Skipper

Clouded Sulphur

Orange Sulphur

Amer. Copper

Tailed Blue

Question Mark

Amer Lady

Red Spotted Purple

Hairstreak unable to I/D

Red Admiral

Northern Pearly Eye

Eastern Comma

Appalachian Brown

Northern Broken Dash

Delaware Skipper

European Skipper

Southern Cloudy Wing

If I missed any feel free to add to the list.

Thanks for all the helpful eyes and camera work.

Left in my pickup was a pocket monocular scope which will be brought to the field trip tomorrow.

Rich Chyinski

.