[Ctleps-l] Recent sightings - Canaan and Naugatuck

Peter DeGennaro degennap at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 23:01:44 EDT 2018

7/29 - I stopped briefly at Hollenbeck Preserve and Robbins Swamp in
Canaan on the way to doing some hiking in MA. The second Giant
Swallowtail brood is flying - one seen Page Road and two others at
Robbins Swamp. One was especially tame while puddling; I posted a
photo on the CBA Facebook page.

Some good stuff just over the border in MA: 2-3 Gray Commas, Tawny
Emperor, White Admiral, and many more Giants.

7/28 - Gunntown Park, Naugatuck:

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail 1
Spicebush Swallowtail 1
Cabbage White 5
Clouded Sulphur 1
Eastern Tailed Blue 4 (one chasing away Cicada Killers)
Pearl Crescent 20
Red Admiral 1
Common Buckeye 1
Viceroy 2
Monarch 3
Least Skipper 1
Peck's Skipper 4
Tawny-edged Skipper 1
Northern Broken Dash 2
Little Glassywing 2
Dun Skipper 2

Larkin Bridle Trail, Naugatuck/Oxford:

Cabbage White 2
Summer Azure 3
Great Spangled Fritillary 1
Pearl Crescent 5
Anglewing sp 2 - near a cherry stand so probably Question Marks
Monarch 1
Least Skipper 1
Broad-winged Skipper 8

Naugatuck Industrial Park - just a blooming dogbane stand:

Gray Hairstreak 1
Silver-spotted Skipper 1
Wild Indigo Duskywing 5

Peter DeGennaro