[Ctleps-l] Naugatuck Industrial Park - 6 hairstreak species + L-t Skipper cats in Portland

Peter DeGennaro degennap at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 22:32:58 EDT 2018

6/29/18 - Naugatuck Industrial Park, Naugatuck, CT - late afternoon -
it's a little before peak Satyrium hairstreak season here, good
diversity but mostly low numbers. As in prior years, some of the
Edwards' Hairstreaks had reduced spotting or the band of spots was
misaligned. I will post photos once I catch up editing/uploading them.

Full list of species:

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail 2
Coral Hairstreak 1
Acadian Hairstreak 2
Edwards' Hairstreak 7
Banded Hairstreak 1
Hickory Hairstreak 1
Gray Hairstreak 1
Eastern Tailed Blue 4
Great Spangled Fritillary 2
Little Wood Satyr 4
Common Wood Nymph 1
Silver-spotted Skipper 3
Northern Cloudywing 1
European Skipper 1
Little Glassywing 8
Dun Skipper 1

6/26 - Portland Fairgrounds, Portland - I stopped by late in the day
as I was working close by. The Long-tailed Skipper eggs have hatched -
I counted about five cats along with their leaf shelters. The winds
and time of day kept my count low - Cabbage Whites, Bronze Copper,
Eastern Comma (12), Red Admiral, Monarchs (5 - including a mating
pair), Zabulon Skippers, Peck's Skipper and probably a couple of
others

Peter DeGennaro