OFF TOPIC: AFI 100 years...100 films

Alan Kita alkita
Fri Nov 21 19:08:26 EST 1997

I apologize for not quoting the document but ... attached and the URL
below is for the 400 films that the American Film Institute historians
has selected to be reviewed by a blue ribbon panel and whittle it down
to 100 years...100 films.  Judging criteria included critical
recognition, popularity over time, historical significance, cultural
impact and major award winners.

http://www.afionline.org/100/400film.html

If you have problems opening the URL, please let me know and I can copy
it and send it to you privately after December 1 (I'll take a short
vacation.)

Yes, a few films that most consider British are included - "Chariots of
Fire," for example.  Animated films are included - mostly Disney's
classics, new and old - all three Star Wars episodes, Spielberg films.
Some surprises are the short list of silent films, and films like "Babe"
and "Fast Times at Ridgmont High."

Alan
--

  Alan Kita          Program Associate - Arts & Culture
  The JAPAN FOUNDATION LOS ANGELES OFFICE