[Fwd: Re: NC: visas & virtue]

Bodo Sch=%ISO-8859-1?Q?=f6nfelder?= schoenfelder
Wed Apr 15 21:34:52 EDT 1998

After several mails on the subject (?) of visas & and virtue (I haven't
seen the film) I am rather astonished about the low level of arguments,
but maybe it's my view from Germany. Whether something is called
concentration or internment camp should be part of serious scientific,
moral and political discussion, not a question of emotional bindings. I
think jewish communities would rightly protest if the camps (mostly for
Jews) in France during WW II would be coined internment camps (official
term), because there was no mass murder on a big scale. I wonder whether
there is a belief in a magic of words. The same goes for the term
Holocaust, which to knowledge came into wide use internationally after
the TV series.

Bodo Schoenfelder