rare films in Kyoto

mikiro KATO kato
Thu Apr 16 06:26:53 EDT 1998

At 12:49 4/16/98 +0900, David Hopkins wrote:
David>Anybody out there who'd like to go see Yajikita Zenkoji Mairi (21) and a
David>documentary from '26 of the funeral of Onoue Matsunosuke at the Kyoto
Bunka
David>Museum on either May 1 or 2, at either 1:30 or 5:00 both days? I've never
David>seen any other Kansai people on the list...
David>     Maybe combined with Asai Tadashi exhibition at Modern Art Museum?
David>     Maybe a regular monthly outing to the fine showings at that
museum, and
David>maybe live (!) discussion of KineJapan topics (oh yes there's magic in
David>words).
David>     A club?
David>David Hopkins
David>Tenri

I have seen both of them at the Museum, actually I will go and see one of
the rare films by Gosho Heinosuke with some of my grad students there
tomorrow (April 17).  By any chance,  I hope to meet you there.

Mikiro Kato
      Kato Mikiro, Associate Professor of Cinema Studies,
                               University of Kyoto
?????E-mail  :   kato at www.cmn.hs.h.kyoto-u.ac.jp
????   Fax :  81-75-753-6628