No subject

Michael Fitzhenry michaelfitzhenry
Sun Apr 26 22:29:41 EDT 1998

Hi, my name is Michael Fitzhenry, and as a new subscriber to the list I
thought it wise to follow the advise give in the subscription and send a
self-introduction type message. Well, I am a graduate student from
Sydney University, Australia, currently researching in Japan and based
at Waseda University. The areas I am interested in would fall into the
following broad and narrow categories:
?@?@?@?@?@1.  Japanese Documentary Film History - following the work of
Prokino and Prokino former members
         2.  Theories of Montage and their reception in Japan
         3.  Tendency Film.
         4.  Film Censorship.
         5.  Problematics of non-fiction and art film - particularly the
relation between visual style and the image as document.
         6.  Problematics of facticity and the image
         7.  The relation between film and art practices.
Reading down this list it seems rather alot to include under one
umbrella, but to some degree or other they all impinge on my studies.

So, to anyone with similar interests please get in contact, and to
everyone else on the list opinions, comments and the like are most
welcome. I am looking forward to participating in the "conversations"
and hope I can pose some comments and questions for your consideration.
Michael.