Gonin

Jonathan C Crow jccrow
Tue Dec 8 18:00:32 EST 1998

I recently saw Gonin here in the States  and I realized that there is  a
scene missing from the version I saw in Japan on video.  The scene showed
a long conversation between  Jimmy (the dyed blonde guy with a stutter)
and his Thai girlfriend followed by a scene which actually showed the
couple getting nabbed at the train station by the yakuza.  In the
version I saw in the States, those two scenes were gone and in its stead
was an odd audio montage of the abduction coupled with a slow-mo shot of
Jimmy's girlfriend screaming.  Why are there two versions?  Was Gonin
re-edited for international distribution?

Just curious...

Jon