Nagato Hiroyuki filmography

stephen cremin asianfilmlibrary
Mon Dec 21 13:26:28 EST 1998

Nagato Hiroyuki's filmography exactly as it appears in volume two of
The Asian Film Library Reference to Japanese Film 1998.  The index
indicates his date of birth as 1934.  All but three of the titles are
cross-referenced in volume one: which gives kanji, romaji with long
vowels indicated, length in minutes, cast & staff info, etc.

2131
?????T?V
NAGATO Hiroyuki
1943	The Rikisha Man (Muho Matsu no Issho)
1958	Stolen Desire (Nusumareta Yokujo)
1958	Endless Desire (Hateshi Naki Yokubo)
1959	My Second Brother (Nianchan)
1959	The Age of Our Own (Warera no Jidai)
1960 The Wanted Ones (Kyonetsu no Kisetsu)
1961	Pigs and Battleships (Buta to Gunkan)
1962	The Broken Commandment (Hakai)
1962	Akitsu Spa (Akitsu Onsen)
1962	Body (Ratai)
1963	Twin Sisters of Kyoto (Koto)
1963	The Insect Woman (Nippon Konchuki)
1963	Young Swordsman (Hiken)
1963	Madame Aki (Yushu Heiya)
1964	Twilight Path (Daikon to Ninjin)
1966	Silence Has No Wings (Tobenai Chinmoku)
1969	Red Peony Gambler: Succeeding the Second (Hibotan Bakuto: Nidaime
Shumei)
1970	Appointment with Danger (Onna no Keisatsu: Kokusaisen
Machiaishitsu)
1972	Red Peony Gambler: On the Eternal Just Path (Hibotan Bakuto:
Jingi Toshimasu)
1974	Virgin Blues (Virgin Blues)
1978	Bandits vs Samurai Squad (Kumokiri Nizaemon)
1979	Glass Rabbit (Tokyo Daikushu: Glass no Usagi)
1981	Imperial Navy (Rengo Kantai)
1981	Things that Teachers Can Do (Kyoiku wa Shinazu)
1983	Home Village (Furusato)
1987	Girl Cops (Sukeban Deka)
1987	A Story of the Dog Hachi (Hachiko Monogatari)
1990	Yellow Fang (Remains: Utsukushiki Yushatachi)
1990	Roningai (Roningai)
1992	Oil-Hell Murder (Onna Goroshi Abura Jigoku)
1992	Faraway Sunset (Toki Rakujitsu)
1993	Yearning (Yume no Onna)
1995	Les Belles Endormis (Nemureru Bijo)
1997	Kagero 3 (Kagero 3)
1997	A Story of Modern Chivalry (Gendai Ninkyoden)

Admittedly, far from comprehensive, partly because the work is
restricted to titles with an official English title in this edition of
the work and partly because he's so damn prolific in small roles.
Last year he also acted in OL Chushingura and Naniwa Chushingura.  For
the record, he was born Kato Akio in Kyoto on 10 January 1934.

For a comprehensive filmography, wait for the next major revision in
200x.  But as long as I'm not overwhelmed with requests, I can prepare
more extensive filmographies for KineJapan subscribers who have
purchased the book and need background on a specific person for their
academic work.

Stephen Cremin

The Asian Film Library
Suite 19, 2 Lansdowne Row