Mononoke Hime

js326 Joseph_C_SCHAUB
Tue Feb 3 22:07:00 EST 1998

Thanks for posting the Kinejun Top 10, Aaron.  Actually I was a little
surprised to see MONONOKE HIME in the number 2 spot.  Is it unusual for an
anime to receive that kind of critical praise?  I'm interested in this film
because I remember reading in the Washington Post (9/17/97) that it had
exceeded all kinds of box office records in Japan, and would eventually come
to the US.  This article said that Disney will control American distribution,
and it's expected that much of the violence will be edited out.

Joe