Village of Dreams in NYC

Mile Films MileFilms
Tue Jan 20 14:40:39 EST 1998

I should mention to anyone interested in the New York area, that we will be
 premiering Yoichi Higashi's "Village of Dreams" (Eno Nakano Bokuno Mura) at
 the Cinema Village starting January 30. The theater is located at East 12th
 Street between 5th and University.

 Winner of the Silver Bear at the 1996 Berlin Film Festival, the film tells the
 story of identical twin brothers living in a rural Japan shortly after World
 War II. Unlike treacly-sweet Hollywood scamps or precious world-weary French
 gamins, these boys are real  ? making the film funny, unpredictable, scary and
 ? ultimately ? a memorable and moving portrait of childhood.