The End

Michael Loebenstein loebi at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 20:43:37 EDT 1998

>I wonder whether anybody out there can help me with a more general
problem
>related to narrative film:
>I am looking for movies (and articles on them) that are known to have
>variations on the ending - a happy and a not-so-happy one, for
instance.
>They don't necessarily have to be of Japanese origin.
>
>Thanks for any hints.
>melanie

Dear Melanie,
what came to my mind first was the 1920ies classic "Das Kabinett des
Doktor Caligari". Less classy, but nevertheless useable is Sam Raimi´s
"Army of Darkness"(evil Dead III). There is a version around in
videostores (an asian version, actually), that has a different ending
than the original version (as well as the german dub version). I´ll keep
thinking,
Michael

"Be Seeing You..." - Patrick McGoohan as 'The Prisoner'