Gaijin

Christian M Hermansen morimoto
Wed May 20 03:30:50 EDT 1998

I'm looking for a video edition of Tizuka Yamasaki's "Gaijin, Os Caminhos
da Liberdade" from 1980, preferably with English or Japanese subtitles. I
saw the movie some 12 years ago at our (Danish) Filmmuseum, and thought it
very interesting. In particular I liked the effect of letting all the
emingrants speak their native tounge, thus demonstrating the difficulties
you face in a land where you don't know the common language. Would any of
you well informed people know where to look for it?
	A short self-introduction: I am a Ph.D.-candidate in Japanese Stuides at
the University of Copenhagen, doing research on 'hinin' i early modern
Osaka. I have been on this list for roughly one year, and enjoy the
discussions going on here very much.

Christian M Hermansen