First Love

Josiah Luke Winn jlwinn at umich.edu
Thu Nov 19 08:41:56 EST 1998

Hello,
Could anybody fill me in on the film, 'First Love'.  It's just been
released on video in Japan and is produced by Wong Ka Wai, photography by
Chris Doyle and looks very much like a WKW film.  I could understand
enough from the Japanese subtitles to pick up what was going on generally
but not enough to piece it all together.  It looked like an interesting
film.  It made reference to WKW, featured the director, Eric...? who
narrated it, seemed to have several narrative threads running through it,
mixed a variety of film stocks, 35mm/16mm/S8? and featured a
rather nice SONY DVC camcorder.  I'd never heard of the film.  I wouldn't
be
surprised if somebody told me this Eric guy was WKW in disguise....

well, clearly I need help...

thanks

Joss