scripts (E+J)

Ono Seiko and Aaron Gerow onogerow at angel.ne.jp
Thu Oct 29 00:32:11 EST 1998

>Hi.  Does anybody have the script for Moju (script by Shirasaka Ishio,
>directed by Masumura Yasuzo)?  It is an adaptation of Edogawa Rampo's novel
>into a movie.  Also, does anybody have the script for any of Tange Sazen?
>Your help will be much appreciated.  Ema Jitsukawa

Since Michael answered the first question, here's the second.  While I
don't personally have any of the Tange Sazen scripts (I think), Tanikawa
Yoshio lists sources for six of the Tange films in his _Shinario Bunken_.

Tange Sazen (Ishido version): _Jidaigeki_ (1962.4)
Tange Sazen (Ito version): _Ito Daisuke shinario shu_ (Dankosha), v. 1
                           _Eiga hyoron_ (1933.11)
Tange Sazen Shakutori Yokocho no hanashi:
     _Eiga hyoron_ (1935.5)
Tange Sazen hyakuman-ryo no tsubo: _Yamanaka Sadao shinario sakuhin shu_
(Jitsugyo no Nihonsha) v. 2
Tange Sazen dai-ni hen kengeki hen: _Eiga hyoron_ (1934.3)
Tange Sazen kengeki no maki: _Ito Daisuke shinario shu_ (Dankosha), v. 1

Again, Tanikawa's book is an extremely useful reference book, so all of
you who need such information might want to get it or get your library to
order it.  The publication info, in English and Japanese, is as follows:

Tanikawa Yoshio, ed., _Zoho kaitai-ban (1997 nendo) Shinario bunken_
(Tokyo: Futosha, 1997).
5700 yen.  ISBN4892191620

谷川義雄編、『増補改訂版(1997年度)シナリオ文献』(風濤社、1997)。

Aaron Gerow
Yokohama National University
KineJapan list owner
For list commands: send "information kinejapan" to
listserver at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Kinema Club: http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html