Ozu question

Julie Nelson Davis jndavis
Wed Oct 21 16:35:01 EDT 1998

Hello again,

I found the answer to my Ozu question, and thought I'd pass it along,
just in case it piqued someone else's interest.

The Noh play is _Morikawa_, which Bordwell described as:  ". . . an
explicit parallel [to _Late Spring_] in its depiction of an aristocratic
woman driven into a frenzy by the memory of a lost lover." (_Ozu and the
Poetic of Cinema_, p. 310)

I'm embarrassed not to have looked here before bothering everyone on the
list!  Gomen nasai.

Julie Davis