A pedigogical note

Abe' Mark Nornes amnornes
Fri Oct 23 16:12:17 EDT 1998

Yes, I _ordered_ the students for my Japanese Cinema class to lurk on
KineJapan! This is a great resource to find out what's going on in Japanese
film now, what went on, and how people are thinking about it.  In other
words, KineJapan has pedigogical potentials.

I also want to remind people that Kinema Club does, too. The online
database is a particularly important for anyone doing research on Japanese
film. I hope that any of you with students writing on Japanese film are
sending their students to Kinema Club. There are also teaching tools that
could be assigned to students as well.

HOWEVER, I have come to notice something in the last few weeks: if you
don't pop up at the first page of a websearch, you don't exist. Ask any
reference librarian, and they'll complain that students do not know how to
use paper records---they head straight to the internet expecting to find
what they need. I noticed that on several of the internet search engines, a
search for "Japanese Film" does not produce Kinema Club! Ironically, there
are some useful reference resources on our site, but no one is going to
find it without being directed there. Does anyone know how we could
leverage ourselves to the top of the lists?

And just a reminder, the address is:
http://pears.lib.ohio-state.edu/Markus/Welcome.html

Markus