introduction

percysun at earthlink.net percysun at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 13 07:55:30 EDT 1998

Hi.
I've been silently listening in on the KineJapan discussions for a few
months now. My name is Nina Cornyetz; I teach Japanese literature, film,
etc. at Rutgers University. My silence is simply a matter of time; I
race through the postings before getting down to my own work and have
been swamped all summer and now, classes have begun too. And I introduce
myself publically with an ulterior motive. About two months ago? Abe
MArk Nornes posted a call for contributors to the film section of a new
encyclopedia on Postwar Japanese Culture, forthcoming from Routledge,
editor-in-chief Sandra Buckley, for which I am the consultant editor of
the film entries. Many of you who regularly comment here are writing
entries. While as is not uncommon in projects of this breadth, our
deadlines have been pushed back, I think entries will be due before
December. There remain three short entries for which I  still need
writers. These are:
Under Individual Japanese Film Critics:
100 words on Ueno Koshi
100 words on Iwamoto Kenji
Under Film "Genres"
250 words on War Movies (such as nikudan, emperor's naked army etc.)
There is a meager compensation of 30 lbs (British) per 1000 words. (3
per 100 then).
Anyone willing to do these please email me directly.  If any of you who
are already writing other entries want to add any of these, you are
welcome to them.
Thanks all,
Nina