Abe Kobo

Li Hoo Cheong lbhcli
Tue Sep 15 22:23:04 EDT 1998

I have the reference for Wimal Dissanayake's article mentioned earlier:

"Self, Place and Body in <The Woman in the Dunes>: A Comparative
Study of the Novel and the Film." in the book called
<Literary Relations East and West: Selected Essays> ed. by
Jean Toyama, Nobuko Ochner.  Manoa: College of Languages,
Linguistics and Literature, University of Hawaii at Manoa and the
East-West Center, 1990.

I forgot to copy down the page references.  If I remember correctly,
the series <Contemporary Literature Criticism> (Detroit: Gale) has
published in one of its volumes quite a bit on Abe Kobo.  Definitely
on Ichikawa Kon, and perhaps on Kurosawa also as film directors are
occasionally included.

H. C. Li