Kurosawa Akira (cont.)

Jennifer Ellen Moore moorejez
Wed Sep 16 00:00:04 EDT 1998

I have recently seen the Marker documentary on Kurosawa.  It uses a lot of
footage from the making of Ran.  It also includes clips of recordings of
Kurosawa speaking on various subject matter, including a frightening
childhood experience. The soundtrack is excellent, too. I think this
documentary is valuable because it shows Kurosawa in action as a director.
Granted the footage is limited to his later years, but it gave me a much
greater respect for the real human being that Kurosawa was.

Jennifer E. Moore