Pokeman

Abe' Mark Nornes amnornes at a.imap.itd.umich.edu
Sun Dec 5 21:10:30 EST 1999

At 7:38 PM -0500 12/4/99, Shelly Silver wrote:
> Is anyone out there doing any work/writing on Pokemon?  I'm not talking so
> much about a  review of the movie (which I haven't seen) but more the whole
> Pokemon phenomenon?  Would be most interested to hear.

Duke anthropologist Anne Allison is currently in Japan on a Fulbright to do
the research for a book on toy culture and the globalization of play. At a
recent compa she presented her work on Pokemon, and while it is still in the
early stages it looks quite promising. It sounds like this will probably be
one chapter in a more expansive study.

Markus