Fwd: Query: Film representing Crosscultural Contact and Globalization

Ono Seiko and Aaron Gerow onogerow
Thu Jan 7 08:15:50 EST 1999

Maybe some members could help this person with Japanese films that deal
with the problem of crosscultural contact and globalization.  Please send

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
rom:   IN%"pwhite at saintmarys.edu"  "Patrick White"  5-JAN-1999 17:22:19.74

        For a special presentation, I am looking for films set in last
twenty or so years that represent moments of crosscultural contact and/or
globalization.  I know these are huge abstractions, one reason they are
hard to search on conventional websites.  Local Hero (Bill Forsyth, 1983)
may be one paradigm.  Would especially like to see crosscultural contact
that is not U.S. dominated.  Europeanization, for example, of the
countries of Europe or Japanese film on Japan in America.
An additional screen if needed would be women as central players.  Even
just good moments in larger films would be useful.  Thanks in advance and
please feel free to reply directly to save the time of others on list.

Patrick White, Associate Dean of Faculty
Director, Center for Academic Innovation
Saint Mary's College              Notre Dame, IN 46556-5001
pwhite at saintmarys.edu             Ph: (219) 284-4584