Regarding recent animation

Michiko Ito MIto
Thu Jan 28 19:05:54 EST 1999

Hi,
     A friend of mine forwarded me a mail from Mr. Hil Hughes.
     To me, many of Japanese animation creators have been influenced by Western, in particular, Hollywood movies.  STAR WARS is one of such films.  Have you read "SW no otoshita kage" by Hikawa Ryosuke (in NEW TYPE MKII)?
     If you are interested sci-fi animation, ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS deserves your attention, though it was originally created 15 years ago.  Takahashi Ryosuke, the director of this work, is very fond of western movies, and you could easily find the images of Hollywood films in this work.

Michiko Ito
Japanese Studies Librarian
East Asian Library
University of Kansas