Spotlight: Kiyoshi Kurosawa

Ar C hkshadow at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 9 01:55:54 EDT 1999

After seeing _Cure_, i had decided to see most of Kurosawa's movies shown at
the Hong Kong film Fetsival. Of these, _Serpent Path_ left the strongest
impression on me, especially the character of the mathg teacher that helps
the father in his revenge quest, and whose motivation always remains
unclear.
Strangely enough, I really don't remember much of _Eye of the Spider_
I think that Kurosawa quickness to produce movies is due to the fact that
some of his movies (including _Serpent Path_ and _Eye of the Spider_) are
"straught to video" products.
The only quiet part of his career was when he was studying at Sundance.
I bought Cure, which is available in Hong Kong on VCD. Anyone knows about
other Kurosawa movies available on video/VCD/DVD with subtitles???
Thanks / ArC