YIDFF Documentary Database

Ono Seiko and Aaron Gerow onogerow
Wed Jul 21 22:01:21 EDT 1999

Forgive cross-postings:

The Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival is pleased to
announce that the

YIDFF DOCUMENTARY DATABASE

is now available on the YIDFF web site at:

http://www.city.yamagata.yamagata.jp/yidff/en/home.html

The database is currently composed of over 300 documentary works from all
over the globe submitted to the YIDFF '97, and includes synopses, staff
information, technical details, and contact addresses for each entry.
Films only appear in the database if the person submitting the work gave
such permission on the entry form.  We plan to add more films from YIDFF
'99 (taking place this October 19-25 in Yamagata, Japan) in due time. It
is our hope that this database will assist a wide variety of individuals
and organizations studying, producing, and programming documentary cinema.

The database is searchable on-line, although searches are currently
limited only to the title, director's name, country, and keyword for the
synopsis field.

When visiting the database, please also check out information on this
year's festival as well as the other features of the site, including the
full text of our journal, DOCUMENTARY BOX.

Aaron Gerow
YIDFF
Editor, Documentary Box