Forthcoming Festivals ... Asano Tadanobu Retrospective

Roger Fischer roger.fischer
Wed Mar 17 16:23:12 EST 1999

Dear Stephen Cremin

I am confused now. I received an ad-poster of the 1st London Pan-Asion film
festival with mostly Korean directors ? a retrospective of Kim Ki-Young ?
but also Japanese films like An Obsession (Tsumetai Chi), Swallowtail
Butterfly (Suwar?teiru) and Baunsu ko GALS and Chinese films like Xiao Wu.
It organised by the ICA and films are shown at the Lux Cinema from May
first to May ten. Have the dates now changed or is this something
completely different?
I want to come to London when the Festival is starting but now I don't know
when. Could you help me? Thank you.

Best regards

Roger Fischer

>2nd London Pan-Asian Film Festival: Launch Event
>3-10 June 1999
>
>This year's London Pan-Asian Film Festival will move back to the
>second-half of August with a particularly large programme of Korean
>cinema.  However, there will be a one-week launch event in early June to
>bring in the media and sponsors, the centre of which is a retrospective
>to actor Asano Tadanobu.  Asano will attend the opening screening of
>Ishii Katsuhito's "Shark Skin Man & Peach Hip Girl" and will introduce
>further examples of his work during the opening weekend.
>
>If any KineJapan members will be in London at that time and would like
>tickets to the opening screening, please contact me by email.  And if
>any of you have comments on Asano and his films, I'd be very interested
>in hearing them.  There are 17-pages devoted to him in the March
>(No.1278) issue of "Kinema Junpo" which must be some kind of record for
>a living actor.  And, finally, if any other festival directors would
>care to share (English) subtitling costs, please get in touch quickly.
>
>Tel: +44 7970 506 326
>Fax: +44 171 493 4935
>E-M: asianfilmlibrary at hotmail.com

roger fischer