self introduction

phil kaffen ushibukaphil
Mon Sep 13 11:32:41 EDT 1999

hi.  my name is phil.  i live in seattle and will be starting up a graduate
program at UW in a couple weeks.  i will be doing asian langauges and
literature, focusing on Japanese lit and film.  at this point, i do not
consider myself an expert by any means, but am definitely interested in
learning as much as i can.  i love film and welcome comments, suggestions,
etc. in english or japanese (though for right now my computer does not have
the ability to read kanji-my own ability is only slightly higher!)
yoroshiku!  phil