Fwd: AKIRA KUROSAWA AND POST W.W.II CINEMA OF JAPAN

Edward Fowler ebfowler
Thu Sep 23 23:03:45 EDT 1999

I have seen Sanshiro Sugata, They Who Tread on the Tiger's Tail,
NO Regrets for Our Youth, Drunken Angel, The Quiet Duel (w/out
subtitles), and Stray Dog on VHS.  My home institution is,
unfortunately, the disappointed owner of a Drunken Angel tape,
which lacks the resolution and power of the celluloid version
that I saw at (the now defunct) Namikiza in the Ginza perhaps
a decade ago.  I'm hoping for furhter info. on 16mm/LD versions of
Kurosawa's pre-Rashomon films.  But thanks for your comment.
Ted Fowler