Bazin, realism and Mizoguchi

Rosa marie-josee rosapong at globetrotter.net
Fri Apr 7 19:58:24 EDT 2000

----------

About realism in film...why not start from the beginning, which mean the
application of criticism and analysis on something obviously fiction???

Anyone remembers the dilemma in Cahiers du cinéma in the 50,s and the 60,s
about realism and ANDRÉ BAZIN???

Mizoguchi was supposed to be one of the master of that kind of realism, are
we going to continue the same discourse? Maybe, why not? I am still thinking
about it.

There are so many ways of translating realism...Isnt it???

This is one of my concern when I teach my students...

After what happen recently on the site being to commercial, I also thought
that it was time to talk about something different for the rest of us who
are more concern about intellectual work...

Welcome to any comments.

Marie-Josée
Rosapong at globetrotter.net