old movie music

David Hopkins hopkat
Wed Apr 26 20:32:07 EDT 2000

I've been kicking around the idea of putting out some CD compilations of
copyright-expired (i.e. more than 50 years old) records from my collection.
While I certainly don't have every record there is, I'd like to hear
people's recommendations and requests for songs/records featured in Japanese
cinema, especially prewar.

I might mention that performance rights have expired but JASRAC still
collects composer royalties. Not sure about the legal status here.

Songs about movies would also be welcome--like "Kamata Koshinkyoku," for
example.

Yoroshiku,
David Hopkins

Anyone with special expertise who would like to write a liner notes essay at
some time, let me know!
(oh and Markus, your tape in finally in the mail....)