searching for a movie title

MileFilms at aol.com MileFilms at aol.com
Thu Aug 24 10:21:43 EDT 2000

In a message dated 8/24/00 3:01:34 AM, grilli at us-japan.org writes:

<< The film title you are seeking is
"Hanare Goze Orin,"  directed by Masahiro SHINODA, with cinematography by
the late MIYAGAWA Kazuo.   The film was released in the late 1970s  (I'm on
vacation now, and don't have the exact year at hand).
It was released in the U.S. with several different titles:  "Banished" and
"Banished Orin" -- and also a title like "Rhapsody in Gray" -- which didn't
fit the film at all, since it was shot in the most beautiful color.
Peter Grilli >>

Peter is correct on all counts. It was a Kino International release as the
"Ballad of Orin" (with all the other names connected to it as well, but I
don't remember why) and they still might own the rights to it.

Dennis Doros
Milestone F&V