rail & train in japanese cinema

Eija Margit Niskanen eija at tkf.att.ne.jp
Thu Jan 6 19:07:17 EST 2000

Trains are of course an important part of Otoko wa tsurai yo -series -
Tora-san has traveled virtually through all Japan in the series, and always
with train. And they are never Shinkansen.

Your example of detective moviue with timetables and connections are a key
role in the solution brings in mind a couple of the Tuesday Suspense Dramas
on TV , which have had this kind of mystery solutions.

eija